Workplace conflict can quickly derail productivity and team cohesion. Understanding the different behavioural types of your team can help identify signs of trouble early on. Extended DISC Assessments are a great way to jump start conflict resolution. Overcoming disputes using DISC is an effective method to improve and develop interactions between two individuals.
Workplace conflict is inevitable with today’s diverse workforce. Personality clashes, misunderstandings, or performance issues can hold businesses back from success. Incorporate Extended DISC into conflict management strategies to resolve disputes and maintain a peaceful and co-operative workplace.
Managing Conflict in the Workplace
Learning how to manage conflict efficiently is a necessary skill to prevent poor performance. Small amounts of conflict can cultivate learning and challenge assumptions or established ways of thinking. However, if left unaddressed, conflict can fester and escalate rapidly. Extended DISC Assessments enhance understanding of one another, strengthen relationships and build trust.
Conflict Resolution Strategies
The best place to start a conflict prevention strategy is with yourself. The more you know about yourself, the easier it is to identify where conflict might occur. Self-awareness will enable you to communicate easily with others and establish what's really troubling you in a disagreement.
Enhance Conflict Resolution
Incorporate Extended DISC into conflict management methods to resolve disputes, promote a shared understanding of co-workers and maintain a peaceful and
DISC Assessments for Conflict Management
Assessment tools such as the Conflict Resolution Assessment enable the parties involved to discuss their individuality and their way of working together, recognising their different strengths, weaknesses and improving their communication with each other. Individuals involved gain a better understanding of themselves and are able to modify their behaviour accordingly. Others frequently respond by also changing their approach to suit the individual or group they are conversing with. Behavioural modification is a great strategy to manage conflict and enhance performance.
DISC Conflict Resolution Assessments
- Help individuals build self-awareness
- Identify most effective means of communication
- Understand how best to negotiate with individuals by recognising their irritations, fears and decision-making style
- Understand how different people with different behavioural preferences react in varying situations and especially under stress or pressure
- Identify the person’s emotions – whether they are under stress, whether they feel insecure, frustrated, lack clarity in their role or even feel helplessness
- Understand the influence of the present environment on a person’s motivation as far as certain needs are concerned